skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The following post has been transferred from a previous version of the forum @ okclarity.com

Originally posted by: d.k.

hi, i lost a distant friend many years ago to cancer (in high school and Im now in my late 20’s..) and i don’t think i processed the loss at the time. I had a lot going on in my personal life and although i did feel pain and sadness i don’t feel like i ever fully grieved. Whenever I’m reminded of her i get extremely sad with a terrible pit in my stomach. I think I may feel guilty for not grieving enough in the past but i tell myself that i did feel the pain and tried hard to be there and pray for her at the time. Im not sure if this is normal or there’s something I can do to relieve this discomfort. Does anyone else have this experience? Any thoughts or insights would be appreciated.

Profile Photo
    Fay Brezel
    Admin
    Topic Author

The following post has been transferred from a previous version of the forum @ okclarity.com

Originally posted by: esti m

hi d.k, this is interesting. From what you shared it sounds like you did process the pain a while back but were also experiencing pain in your own life that was unrelated to the loss of your friend..? Im not sure if i’m accurate here. Can it be that you’re too hard on yourself, do you have a history of that? Also, i wonder how much pain is normal to feel when reminded of a loss. It sounds like yours is somewhat intense but maybe that’s how you experience pain and sadness. I dont know if any of this is helpful I just saw your post and wanted to jump in and let you know i can understand pain as we all have our struggles… esti m

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!