skip to Main Content
  • This topic has 32 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Profile Photomoshe.
  • Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant

Hi I have a question if ppl can pls give advice I would REALLY appreciate it.
    So I’m dealing with anxiety and depression, and recently I’ve been cutting. So I’ve spoken to a few people and I decided that if I have had the urge then I would go talk to someone I’m close with, etc. The only issue with that is when it’s normally time for sleeping or ppl are busy yk. So at like 4 am I couldn’t stop myself. I’m wondering if anyone has any advice because there was no way I could talk to someone at that time. I really need help. Thank you so much!

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

I got these finger massager things that I rolled around on my finger whenever I started to pick them. It really distracted me and helped with anxiety. Hope this helped!

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

I’d listen to someone.
    Live in israel different hours.
    Though I’m only 24. But I could be a friend if needed.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

One thing that might help is to find an outlet to channel all those emotions and urges. My sister was also struggling with this issue. My mother was really supportive of her and wanted to help her. She made her write down a list of things she likes doing to destress like listening or playing music or doing art. My sister is really musical so she bought herself a guitar and taught herself to play. I know it was a huge outlet for her. My advice to you is to acknowledge your feelings and channel them into something you like doing. Or maybe you can keep a voice note journal of your feelings or talk to yourself. You can go back and listen to yourself and god Willing when you overcome this challenge you can go back and see how far you’ve come.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

What I find helpful is texting the hotlines. Takes my mind off things.
    Also, having people in different time zones helps because then it’s not in middle of the night by them

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Find a friend in another country that you could call at those hours!

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

i wish i knew the numbers for the anonymous mental health hotlines. the only one i can think of at the top of my head is the suicide prevention hotline. free and anonymous. maybe its worth chatting with someone?

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Find ppl in a different time zone who can be there for you, or discuss with ppl in advance and find out if they would be ok being woken up

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Don’t just speak to someone you’re close to. Find a good therapist ASAP. The therapy sessions will provide you with tools to “walk yourself off the ledge” when you feel the urge to cut and people aren’t available

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Other time zones?

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

the next time at 4 am when you’d be ready to talk, sit down, take a pen and paper, write down all your concerns problems issues
    So you’ll have them ready in the proper hours

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

So I have done that for many years… and still sometimes struggle w it… 1st thing is I hope you are getting yourself help. U deserve it!!! Second maybe try listening to music if you have the option do something like dance or exercise as that can get your adrenaline moving and you can get rid of that energy. Other things I have been told to do is journal, take a ice cold shower etc…

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Wow, that’s a lot of pain ❤️ first you should know that it’s great that you already made a game plan so that you could cope ahead of time. The problem is that you don’t have access to it support me at night. Would it be possible to make a list of some coping skills to use at night… ? Here are some examples of coping skills that might be soothing… drinking something warm and yummy, putting on a relaxing song, doing breathing exercises. Also using coping statements might be helpful such as saying to yourself “this is hard and it will pass”…. or “I am not alone”
    Whatever manta wrks best for you. I do think that having a list might rlly help. Wishing you lots of success, this is not an easy journey and your amazing for working hard to overcome the challenge. You will conquer the battle

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Wow that sounds very tough. Just like you alter your focus from cutting to talking to people, you can find something else to do when people aren’t available. For example, a paint by number or anything else that interests you. Also you can give yourself incentives like a chart. Check off each day you don’t cut or each time you fight the urge to cut and after you get a certain amount of checks, reward yourself with a preselected reward. Good luck!!

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

I know someone who went through the same thing. She was emotionally attached to someone and when they wouldn’t answer her texts, she would have major anxiety and self harm.
    It took her a while, and she was urged to get help but she didn’t want to.
    This person she was attached to left the country for a while and she got better. But that’s not every situation.
    I’m sure that if someone knew, they would stay up and talk to u at whatever time it was.
    My friend made the same mistake. She thought no one cared, no one had time and it backfired on her. She eventually got better tg.

Can u also ask this girl if u can send me her number? I could try help her

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!