skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile Photo
    Simplesimon
    Participant

B”H I’ve been helped over the years with therapy as well as med management with tremendous success.  However, since last year when the last war broke out in Gaza along with various antisemitic incidents around the globe up to this very day, I’ve become somewhat unstable and having my medication dosages adjusted to help take the edge off.

However, my treatments are lacking due to the fact that my mental health doctors are either not Jewish or not religious and cannot properly steer me in the right direction on how to deal with these situations from a spiritual standpoint, which is what I really need.

While I am thankful to Hashem that I have been spared till now from any incidents, I still worry about what may ultimately happen either to myself, my family or anyone I know, whether close to home or not.  Antisemitism is happening more frequently and more intense as time goes on.  Is it wrong for me to anticipate likely scenarios of what might happen based on recent events?  Should I go about business as usual and not let these things disturb me?

It’s hard for me to fully concentrate and motivate myself when I’m worried and anxious.  However, these days, after years of mental health treatment,  I’ve learned that the best way to deal with anxiety is not to shut down and be inactive, but to be proactive.

Any suggestions?

Profile Photo
    millerjb
    Participant

Are you familiar with Chazkeinu? If not they have a Rov who is well versed in these areas and could even speak with your team on how best to guide you. His name is Rabbi Grossberg and his number is 347 721 5645.

May you have much Hatzlocha and Brocha

Profile Photo
    Simplesimon
    Participant
    Topic Author

When I looked at Chazkeinu, it seems to deal primarily with women.

Profile Photo
    millerjb
    Participant

Oh so I guess that you are not a female.

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

In response to Simplesimon's post #14359:

Yes, Chazkeinu deals with women only, but I think you can always speak to Rabbi Grossberg. He’s affiliated with Chazkeinu, but not exclusive to it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!