skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • In response to GamZuLTova's post #11285:

Sometimes its a matter of time taking time. Sometimes we can inch our way forward taking baby steps. The thing about baby steps is that while they may indeed be small, they are nevertheless moving us in a forward direction. Its a matter of progress not perfection. Dating is a big step that can be taken in baby steps. I’d be more than happy to discuss this matter with you in more detail. I can be contacted through my OKclarity profile at: https://okclarity.com/directory/binyamin-klempner/.

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant

In response to WhatsAppers's post #11310:

I have a friend whose daughter got married and divorced within weeks, it breaks my heart!
    All because the guy had major issues that were understated, officially under control. the stress of the wedding and marriage triggered him and killed their marriage!
    So please don’t risk it, get help now!

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    manonymous123
    Participant

I’m really glad someone brought this up…

I have anxiety and now this year  was diagnosed with major depression. I’ve had to come home from seminary early, and am not doing very well. A lot of my depression stems from the fact that I came home, and am not doing what the rest of my age is doing being in seminary this year. This feeling of inadequacy and feeling abnormal has basically just plunged me deeper and deeper into depression. I won’t be dating anytime soon (like my other friends) and sometimes it seems like I’ll never get to move on to the next stage of my life. I also am worried no one will ever consider me a suitable match IF I somehow manage to become stable…

I’m sorry for all the rambling, my real question is has anyone been through major major depression or any other really really hard time (not getting out of bed etc) and been able to rise up and live a stable life? I need some hope. Some proof I guess.

(I know this will likely be apart of me for the rest of my life, but right now the thought of being able to function day-day and have a family doesn’t seem possible to me. (I’m not suicidal) Im just kind of stuck in a limbo…)

Profile Photo
    GamZuLTova
    Participant

In response to manonymous123's post #11330:

I’m sorry you’re going through this. I didn’t go to seminary because I was going through major depression during and after my last year of high school. While I wouldn’t give my life as an example because I still have work to do, I can give my father and sister as examples.

My father had a difficult childhood and went through several long periods of depression, to the point that he had to be hospitalized a few times. After this, my father was able to go school, get married, and raise my siblings and me. He’s had several low points along the way, but with the help of Hashem he has been able to seek help and rise above the depression.

My sister went through a long period of trauma and depression during which she was hospitalized multiple times. After several years, she was able to seek help and get out of the situation she was in. Since then, she went to college, started a successful career, got married, and had a kid. She’s had times where her depression has come back, and she still deals with anxiety on a daily basis, but she’s built a support network for herself and reaches out when she needs help.

I hope this gives you some hope that you can rise above your depression and anxiety and live a fulfilling life.

Profile Photo
    manonymous123
    Participant

In response to GamZuLTova's post #11332:

thank you for taking the time to respond so In-depth. I really appreciate this message.

G-d Willing we will both be able to add ourselves to the list with your father and sister and their tremendous success of that milestone in life.

Profile Photo
    GamZuLTova
    Participant

In response to manonymous123's post #11335:

Amen!

Profile Photo
    splitandtrying2bme
    Participant

In response to manonymous123's post #11330:

So hard to get back up from depression when you feel inadequate and abnormal…I really know what you mean…

I’m also in a similar situation- going through strong depression, and do not know when I will be able to get out of it and start dating…

I would also want to have hope that I can lead a stable life one day. I really relate to the thought of how will I be able to ever have my own home and family when I’m in the state I’m in now…Thanks for the examples you gave.

Rooting for us to get better…

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!