skip to Main Content
  • This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Profile Photorina.
  • Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile Photo
    yejudah
    Participant

How do I come to terms with the realisation of the fact that my wife of almost 2 years has Borderline Personality Disorder, knowing how much I have emotionally invested in this amazing relationship, while at the same time feeding this monster?

Please only reply if you have personal experience with BPD/NPD or know a lot about it, or have a real understanding of what it is and what it entails, including putting up with all forms of abuse throughout.

Profile Photo
    rina
    Participant

I have BPD

What do you want to know? I’m not clear

Profile Photo
    rina
    Participant

Before I was medicated, I had very very very strong emotions. I couldn’t see past my anger or sadness or anxiety etc.

It’s like living in a crazy rollercoaster all the time.

I wanted to be nice to those around me but sometimes it was impossible to control myself because  I felt like I might die if I don’t lash out.

Once I broke a lamp because I just couldn’t contain my feelings. Its like electricity running through you and you have to release it.

With medication the person can be normal.

NPD on the other hand is something separate which I don’t have (narcissistic personality disorder?). From my understanding those with NPD have no empathy. That is a separate thing. There’s no medication or cure I don’t think.

Let me know if you want any other info.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!