skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile Photo
    bedriddenhome
    Participant

I am litterly bedridden. I have not left my bed in 3 weeks. I do nothing all day but watch videos. I do absolutely nothing else with my days. My husband takes care of the kids, there is full time cleaning help and there is takeout only for supper. I take meds for add, depression and anxiety. I don’t get out of bed ever! I wear a nightgown all day. My old therapist who I stopped seeing 2 years ago said that I don’t suffer from depression and that I am just lazy and have bad habits. I am never sad. I am not happy. I feel nothing. The phsycatrist says it’s add. Can anyone shed light to what condition I might have? I feel lost not understanding what is wrong with me. I just feel guilty for being a terrible mother and spouse. But I can’t function despite meds and my past therapist has been a disaster not understanding me and just telling me to get out of bed which wasn’t helpful. What is wrong with me?

Hey there, thank you so much for reaching out for help and sharing this. It takes a lot of courage to reach out when you are in so much despair and I admire that.

You have a good head on your shoulders as is apparent from your recognition that your prior support team was unsupportive for you, that you are in a state of confusion as to what is underlying the symptoms you are experiencing, and your desire to function as a loving spouse and mother.

My point in sharing this reflection is to help you balance the parts that are so right about you instead of simply focusing on the parts that seem wrong right now.

I want you to try to hold this healthier perspective with me.

Next, when you feel ready I would encourage you to meet with a new therapist and not to give up until you find the therapist that will help you see through this crisis and find the light again. I am certain there is an excellent clinician out there waiting to help you, you just need to be persistent and willing to do the work to find that person. A good therapist will connect you with a good psychiatrist and my hope and belief are that you find yourself in a healthier space before you know it.

I am sending love, belief, and strength.

Xo

Fay

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!