skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile Photo
    ester
    Participant

How do I overcome anxiety feelings after being away for two weeks and I live on my own

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

@Ester, I’m not clear about what’s causing your anxiety. Is it bc you’re going to be back home after living on your own for 2 weeks? Dealing with anxiety is really very hard – as I’ve dealt and continuosly am dealing with it now. I would say to practice accepting your feelings non-judgmentally rather than trying to fight them. Accept that right now, you’re dealing with a lot of unpleasant emotions, but they will pass. Along with acceptance, I would try to be mindful of your anxiety and let it be there. It will eventually pass. Another tool might be to find something that’s soothing. Maybe listening to music can soothe your anxiety (I have music on all the time!). Maybe smelling a nice scent can work.. This should have been the 1st tool, but I would also say to validate your feelings. Validate that it makes sense for you to feel this way (even though it’s unpleasant).

Your feelings might not go away right then, but that’s okay too. They will eventually pass. I hope this helps you somewhat.

Profile Photo
    ChumiB
    Participant

Hi Ester I totally hear your anxiety…I have been there. It is like new changes make you nervous and then you go back to what was and you get nervous all over again!

I would say find some things that can make you comfortable, make a playlist and buy a good speaker to play it when you get home.  Candles that will make you relax when you’re home alone, some comfort food, even a pillow or hot water bottle.  Spoil yourself a little now before you get home so that you have things to help you overcome it when you get home.

Cxx

Profile Photo
    alwaysworried
    Participant

Hey esther also not exactly sure what your situation is, but anxiety with transition is so normal. I  get anxious before a trip as i already anticipate what i will face when i get back. Also sometimes when we look forward to getting away and then its all over we face a down. I like all the ideas here. I would add finding something new to look forward to to help you get through the next two weeks. A show with a friend, a dinner, some experience that you can focus on to help pull through the most difficult days while doing all things stated here to be good to yourself.

Profile Photo
    RomanticYente
    Participant

In these situations, I just try to think of all the positive things that I can take out in the new situation that I will be in. Although transitioning somewhere different can be anxious, think about all the good things you will get out of that new place.

Profile Photo
    Mitchell
    Participant

I agree with ChumiB. While I’m not completely sure what your situation is, whenever you’re going through a change which is making you anxious, it is great to have something with you which makes you comfortable. Try listening to music, curling up with your favorite show or book, or even spending some time preparing your favorite meal. After being away for two weeks, try to make coming back special on its own, and something you can enjoy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!