skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile Photo
    ilana
    Participant

Does anyone wake up anxious and can’t move on with the day till they vomit?

Hi Ilana.

Yes, plenty of people wake up anxious and feel the need to vomit (including several of my clients).  About 20% of folks will suffer from an anxiety disorder during their lifetime. Stomach pain, tightness, and vomiting are all common anxiety symptoms.

Having said that, there’s no need to suffer needlessly as anxiety disorders are highly treatable.  Reaching out to a competent therapist specializing in anxiety treatment would be a good idea.

Good luck!

Mordechai Weiss, LCSW

Profile Photo
    LizSudit
    Participant

Hi Ilana!

I’ve heard about this happening often, especially when a stressful event is coming up. Usually, your flight or fight response is activated with anxiety/ anxiety attacks, and this can cause your body to have negative reactions. One of these reactions is an upset stomach or nausea.

I would highly suggest meditating for at least 5 minutes a day. A good time could be before you go to sleep and when you wake up. Also, give yourself a mental health day to relax: do a face mask, watch your favorite movie, take a walk around your neighborhood, take a nap, etc. Make sure to take care of yourself during your anxious moments.

For nausea, I’d suggest bananas; they relieve stress and are good for upset stomachs.

Feel better, we’re here for you!

Best,

Liz

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!