skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant

I have a question that perhaps you can post with all the other questions pple ask you.
    I’m not sure if I’m experiencing depression, but for the past several years I feel I have been living a robotic lifestyle (wake up, go to work, come home, cook, take care of kids, sleep – REPEAT! I’ve been using YouTube as an escape and a breather for myself. Lately I feel YouTube’s affect has worn itself thin. Any suggestions on other ‘escape techniques’? Taking trips can be costly and I can’t afford that right now.

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Date nights with spouse or friends

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

She needs real self-care, not numbing mechanisms

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

This doesn’t sound like depression, it sounds like burnout. At the risk of sounding cliche, meditation may help, as might writing up a bucket list and taking small steps to work towards the goals on it. Routine can be stifling, as can lack of authentic connection with the self. Sounds like the questioner is not in touch with self, and needs to devote at least a small amount of time to reestablishing that connection.

-Yeshaya Kraus, LCSW

https://okclarity.com/directory/yeshaya-kraus/

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to WhatsAppers's post #11921:

??

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Honestly I wouldn’t jump into calling this depression, nothing is mentioned about feeling worthless or down, Sounds to me more like “Boredom” which at times can be dangerous, I would suggest making New goals, and coming up with different creative ideas to add to your day to day life.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Go for walks at night, or early in the day. A 40 min walk can make all the difference.
    Do mindfulness even 10 minutes before bed.
    Make some cookies.
    Get your nails done.
    Do yoga or cardio on youtube.
    Do things for u

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

I don’t think escaping should necessarily be the goal. Ultimately staying grounded and finding meaning in every day tasks will make you feel happy and whole. At the same time implementing self care is so important. I think doing smaller things more often, maybe even once a day is more effective than taking a vacation once in awhile. Some ideas – going for a walk (with or without music,) getting a manicure , even taking a bath or making a nutritious meal just for yourself..

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Find a hobby that you enjoy doing. And escaping isn’t the way to go. It’s not gonna make you feel good in the long run. You need to get to know your real self. Try writing, art, music, gardening…

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Also, staycations dont cost much. I sent my kids away overnight and my husband and i had an amazing time together, totally recharged bh. Could cost a babysitter or one night in a New Jersey hotel etc. Doesn’t have to be grands

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Why is no one addressing the spiritual angle? It appears from the question that this is a Jewish woman speaking that lost her connection to Hashem and yiddishkeit. YouTube will only further this disconnect. There are so many books to read, seminars to join, that will uplift her & bring great meaning into everything she does right now.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Sweetie you don’t need to escape, you need to recharge your batteries! You need to take up the hobbies you did as a teenager that you found fun. Go out with your friends for a meal or for a power walk in the evening once a week. Give yourself a few things you can look forward to. Seeing friends is very important, as is date night. Learn to play the guitar, learn to cook Chinese cuisine, be creative in a way that works for you. It will be your time and your kids can’t disturb you for that hour. You’ll be amazed how good you’ll feel. Save up for a babysitter to help you out

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Well escape techniques there are plenty Im sure you didn’t post the question to get that answered so probably you want to hear what else you can do so at first I think you should congratulate your self for being aware that your escaping then believe in your self that you can face reality and deal with it the healing ❤️‍? way and that it’s not to late yet. Find a good therapist start the process to work WITH your self not ON your self and just do it! Never give up! Escaping has an expiration date verse self care doesn’t. Good luck!

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Lots of great ideas shared but maybe those will also be temporary “escapes”

If you’re brave to try something different
    Take the time to discover the real you
    Your spirit.. your soul
    What makes you really become alive… connect with hashem.. do for others.. live a life that is uniquely you!

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to WhatsAppers's post #11924:

I like this!! #selfcare ??‍♀️

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!