skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

If  I fight my situation too much then I can’t live and function and enjoy life. If I don’t fight it I’ll be stuck with these challenges forever. It’s very hard to find a balance.

Anybody relate?

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

Boy do I relate! I need to work on accepting, but my mo is to fight…. SO hard.

Oh Bananas! This is sooo relatable! It can be so scary to accept life’s challenges.

I hear that your fear in accepting your challenge is that you’ll then have to live with it forever. So fighting it makes you feel like your in control, but is also sapping all of your energy and the joy from your life. Is that right?

Is fighting your challenge making it go away? I have found that fighting something makes it even more intense. And the interesting thing is, that the moment I surrender control and choose to accept, that’s the moment that the challenge seems to get easier.

You don’t have to live with it for life. If the challenge you are referring to is something chronic, you can come to a place of acceptance so at least the emotional burden of it you won’t have to live with.

I know it’s hard, but what can you do or tell yourself that will help you accept your challenge?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!