skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile Photo
    girlmom
    Participant

my 13 yr old daughter is the oldest. She believes that all her siblings need to listen to her and right away. If they don’t she uses her hands or screams and them loudly and sometimes puts them down. When she gets a consequence for it she blames everyone else. Any ideas thoughts on how to deal with this

Profile Photo
    FunJester
    Participant

Although my children are younger, they have similar personality traits to what you’re describing. Even to the point where they sometimes act that way towards me as well. I try to instill in them that: 1. The parents have the authority in the house, not her. 2. She is not in control of how they respond, even if she’s right. 3. Only you are responsible for your behavior and the consequences they cause. Good luck!

Profile Photo
    FunJester
    Participant

Just another thought. It might help to give her control or responsibility of other aspects in her life so she feels like she can have some control of things, but that don’t effect the other children

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!