Jewish Sex Therapist in New York
Dr. Marcus is committed to helping women solve their sexual health challenges with compassionate and experienced staff trained specifically in female sexual health. She believes in a multifaceted approach to resolving problems that have evolved recently, or those that have lingered for years. Maze specializes in treating: low sex drive, orgasm challenges, painful sex, menopause, vaginismus (including Botox treatment) and arousal disorders.
Her focus is in the area of Human Sexuality and in the past she has worked as the executive director of not-for-profit institutions and corporations, medical practices and laboratories. She has lectured internationally on women’s issues and has been a guest on numerous radio and television shows including CNBC, CBS News and Huffington Post Live. She has been written up many times in New York Times, Time Magazine and Westchester Magazine as well as a myriad of local publications.
Termed “The Orthodox Sex Guru”, Dr. Marcus is one of the founders and a past president of JOFA, the Jewish Orthodox Feminist Alliance, an international organization dedicated to pursuing equal opportunity for women in their homes, synagogues and professional lives. She is a coordinator of her partnership minyan in Riverdale, Shachar and was past chair of the Women’s Tefillah Network.
Sexual Health Therapy for Jewish Women
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Emotionally Focused
- Family / Marital
- Gottman Method
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)
- Sex Issues
- PhD , Institute of Advanced Study of Human Sexuality, 2007
- Masters of Public Health , Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality , 2004
- Masters of Arts , Jewish Theological Seminary , 1984
- Masters of Science in Social Work , Columbia University , 1984
- Sex Therapist , AASECT, 2011
- Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality
- LCSW , New York State , 82863